Every year the local wineries have a special weekend to tour the wineries, provide tastings and special events. This year (2009) it is March 20 and 21st. For $20.00 pp you receive a complimentary wine glass and free admission to all the wineries for tastings. For information visit wine weekend.
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals new years eve oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races running solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery
- Bear on the Square festival is coming to Dahlonega April 18 and 19. Great music! fb.me/6kahHZdal 2 days ago
- Dahlonega Trail Fest this weekend. We have yurts and rooms available.... fb.me/29m67lCuV 5 days ago
- This coming weekend is the last weekend of the Wine Highway Weekend and the weekend for Trail Fest in Dahlonega.... fb.me/3YLlA6wcA 1 week ago
- Forest Bathing increases immunity? The walk to Raven Cliffs Falls or the hike to Desoto Falls are two of our... fb.me/3CFW9vmaZ 1 week ago
- Wine highway weekend this weekend and next. Next weekend also Trailfest in Dahlonega. Check our blog for more... fb.me/6toNmIzRZ 1 week ago
- RT @northgapermies: The first meeting of the new North Georgia Permaculture Network is happening next weekend, March 28th in Dawsonville, G… 1 week ago
- Unique Permaculture Innkeepers is a show we did today on "A World 4 Change TV". Here is the YouTube tape of the... fb.me/4jJCs7JHX 1 week ago
- The North Georgia mountains are known for great bike riding and great wine. Do you think the local wineries... fb.me/6uL0Kb8cJ 2 weeks ago