Every year the local wineries have a special weekend to tour the wineries, provide tastings and special events. This year (2009) it is March 20 and 21st. For $20.00 pp you receive a complimentary wine glass and free admission to all the wineries for tastings. For information visit wine weekend.
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waste oil waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery yoga
- We love craft beer at the inn and the craft beers being produced in Georgia. unfortunately Georgia law restricts... fb.me/1rv8RQBon 1 day ago
- Big Halloween Party at Shenanigan's Irish Pub, Dahlonega, GA. Food, live music and costume contest. fb.me/385FSXT0q 1 day ago
- We do not eat chicken for environmental and animal welfare reasons but have also had a concern with the... fb.me/3CjuXBOSJ 1 day ago
- At the inn we try and serve our guests as much organics as possible subject to availability. Our coffee, flour,... fb.me/3GQbtYhyD 1 day ago
- Three Sisters Vineyards has opened a new tasting room in downtown Dahlonega near Hancock Park. fb.me/72xflk7b3 1 day ago
- The Fall colors have started but not nearly at peak yet unless you go up the mountains towards Suches. The... fb.me/4F3vvMasA 1 day ago
- 47th Annual Mountain Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA October 25 & 26, 2014 fb.me/6WGz5DMaN 3 days ago
- The first Unicoi Wine Festival is coming 11/1/2014.... fb.me/3rgdDh4AG 4 days ago