Every year the local wineries have a special weekend to tour the wineries, provide tastings and special events. This year (2009) it is March 20 and 21st. For $20.00 pp you receive a complimentary wine glass and free admission to all the wineries for tastings. For information visit wine weekend.
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waste oil waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery yoga
- We are amazed how much plastic we take to the recycling station every couple of weeks. At the inn we have tried... fb.me/3Tu22DcKg 5 hours ago
- We need to all do our part for the planet and to set a good example for the rest of the world to follow.... fb.me/3IiZVPtH6 5 hours ago
- We just recently purchased a first generation Honda Insight hybrid just like the one in this video. Ours even... fb.me/734Eu2bVK 1 day ago
- Need an energy boost? Sit under a tree. fb.me/74N2SEZKP 1 day ago
- Absolutely gorgeous weather and yes we have a yurt available tomorrow night. If you have ever wanted to try a... fb.me/3HLSNLxLf 5 days ago
- Great to see 400,000 people show up for the climate march in NYC yesterday. Wish we could have been there with them. fb.me/3SOnEoxVg 1 week ago
- Next time you are in Dahlonega check out the new craft beer growler store on the square- 21 rotating taps to fill... fb.me/6Nk0ynlmv 2 weeks ago
- Six Gap Century - 6 Gap Century and Three Gap Fifty Bike Rides are coming to Dahlonega on September 28th.... tmblr.co/ZwgY9s1QgOyPf 2 weeks ago