We filmed a short video today showing the progress made on the garden area using a permaculture sheet mulching technique. We also cleared the hill above the garden of the pine trees and planted peaches and blueberries that will provide breakfast ingredients in the future. The pine trees were used to make a living fence to keep out larger animals and to provide a habitat for birds. In the future we will provide more video updates.
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
Check In 4pm- 9pm
Check Out 11 am
Check Out 11 am
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass brunch Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals new years eve oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races running solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery
- Just had a cancellation for this Friday and Saturday night in the Mountain Bluebird Room, 2 night minimum. Come... fb.me/1QqPlnrBV 22 hours ago
- Great weather forecasted this weekend and both yurts available. 6 days ago
- Hog Pen Gap today during Six Gap Century & Three Gap Fifty Bike Ride in Dahlonega. fb.me/7DofTiGks 1 week ago
- Regional variations in microbes influence a wine's flavor. #wine fb.me/7OMksPZL4 1 week ago
- On October 3rd The Cottage Vineyard & Winery Inc. will have a "divided" tasting room for the Georgia versus... fb.me/2qR4vYbHt 1 week ago
- Shenanigans Irsh Pub has been hosting a rest stop for the Six Gap Century & Three Gap Fifty Bike Ride that is... fb.me/6TLHADxZh 1 week ago
- Just finished serving early breakfast to our Six Gap Century & Three Gap Fifty Bike Ride riders staying at the... fb.me/4ggREiC6o 1 week ago
- Guest Concert at the Inn: youtu.be/KXx3s9JIg1w?a via @YouTube 1 week ago