We filmed a short video today showing the progress made on the garden area using a permaculture sheet mulching technique. We also cleared the hill above the garden of the pine trees and planted peaches and blueberries that will provide breakfast ingredients in the future. The pine trees were used to make a living fence to keep out larger animals and to provide a habitat for birds. In the future we will provide more video updates.
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waste oil waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery yoga
- Want to reduce stress? Come visit us in the North Georgia Mountains. fb.me/37B4Z6JV5 1 week ago
- Photo: Spamalot opens at the historic Holly Theater in Dahlonega this weekend. More information at... tmblr.co/ZwgY9s1LBUunQ 2 weeks ago
- Spamalot playing at the Holly Theater, Dahlonega, GA July 11-27. fb.me/1pRideIVG 3 weeks ago
- Cooler nights with less humidity in the North Georgia mountains thanks to a cold front and the hurricane on the... fb.me/261FhR7un 3 weeks ago
- RT @ExploreGeorgia: Go "under the sea" at @georgiaaquarium in #Atlanta, #Georgia! #exploregeorgia ift.tt/1qnaV4l http://t.co/gcTprp… 4 weeks ago
- Home - A new craft distillery will be opening in Dahlonega not too far from the inn by the end of this... tmblr.co/ZwgY9s1JwNpYP 1 month ago
- Dahlonega will be getting a new craft distillery by the end of this summer not too far from the inn.... fb.me/6Jlxz5vdA 1 month ago
- One way to stay cool while visiting us in Dahlonega is to take a tube or kayak down the river. #dahlonegaga fb.me/3l7uynveq 1 month ago