We filmed a short video today showing the progress made on the garden area using a permaculture sheet mulching technique. We also cleared the hill above the garden of the pine trees and planted peaches and blueberries that will provide breakfast ingredients in the future. The pine trees were used to make a living fence to keep out larger animals and to provide a habitat for birds. In the future we will provide more video updates.
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals new years eve oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races running solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery
- Wine Highway Weekends coming in March over two weekends. Come stay with us and enjoy. #wine... fb.me/3py0LL1kb 23 hours ago
- A healthy cookie recipe that looks really yummy. #healthyrecipes... fb.me/7fmbKy2XG 1 day ago
- At the inn we sometimes get things left by guests that we cannot recycle like coffee cups- styrofoam is the... fb.me/75ZDVv4R9 2 days ago
- Almonds are such a healthy food and we love to eat them for snacks. Here are some great almond recipes- some are... fb.me/3zAk0EkCK 2 days ago
- This new product will make beekeeping so easy that anyone with a decent size yard can have free easy to get... fb.me/1tEBHHvoq 2 days ago
- Some interesting ways that make doing the laundry easier. #laundry... fb.me/7kcqqoVF8 2 days ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/3EHgfb5tJ 3 days ago
- Beautiful picture of the snow this morning at the inn. fb.me/7eXQnaBzd 3 days ago