Many of our guests who stay with us live in the Atlanta metro area. Many care about purchasing wholesome farm fresh food that does not travel from faraway places to the store, minimizing their carbon footprint. We recently learned about Moore Farms and Friends through Georgia Organics. They are a marketing association of small Sustainable, Certified Naturally Grown and USDA Certified Organic food producers. They never use any toxic chemicals to grow their food and use earth-friendly methods which we like. You can order what you want online and pick up at many Atlanta area locations. Check out their video or visit their web site.
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waste oil waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery yoga
- 47th Annual Mountain Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA October 25 & 26, 2014 fb.me/6WGz5DMaN 6 hours ago
- The first Unicoi Wine Festival is coming 11/1/2014.... fb.me/3rgdDh4AG 1 day ago
- The Gold Rush Festival is now over for this year. We are proud to report that our friend and frequent guest,... fb.me/3WiTE3qMD 1 day ago
- Growing food without using poisons is the best way for our health and the health of the planet. fb.me/3BVWvUyGc 2 days ago
- Come stay with us and visit the many great wineries in the area. It may be good for you.... fb.me/1tvSmzWfE 5 days ago
- Many of our guests enjoy the wine from our local many wineries. Yes they seem happy..... fb.me/2rgnA57qg 6 days ago
- We have always said that "flushing it away" means it really "never" goes away. It just goes somewhere else and... fb.me/1LpeM7Pux 1 week ago
- So happy we now have a Costco about 45 minutes away from the inn. Went there today for the second time and... fb.me/79Ye6Lzfq 1 week ago