Many of our guests who stay with us live in the Atlanta metro area. Many care about purchasing wholesome farm fresh food that does not travel from faraway places to the store, minimizing their carbon footprint. We recently learned about Moore Farms and Friends through Georgia Organics. They are a marketing association of small Sustainable, Certified Naturally Grown and USDA Certified Organic food producers. They never use any toxic chemicals to grow their food and use earth-friendly methods which we like. You can order what you want online and pick up at many Atlanta area locations. Check out their video or visit their web site.
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals new years eve oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races running solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery
- Many of our guests enjoy their wine on the patio. #winelover http://t.co/At6dgo959p 1 day ago
- Hardy kiwi vines look happy this year and lot's of buds for fruit. fb.me/7nJx7hS52 2 days ago
- Both yurts available this weekend due to cancellation & Mountain Music festival. #yurt #dahlonega http://t.co/vTAn1K6lR8 2 days ago
- Pretty soon we will plant our veggie garden. Use some for guests breakfast. http://t.co/YwfQwKWFy6 3 days ago
- We have many used wine corks left from guests at the inn. Need to make a chair. http://t.co/nc55TxzotA 3 days ago
- Art made from nature- using leaves. Really cool. #art http://t.co/tQPJFhnuDx 3 days ago
- Have old wine bottles? Make a bottle tree. We have several at the inn. #recycle http://t.co/t9OwyTwHCd 3 days ago
- Bear on the Square festival this weekend in Dahlonega. #dahlonega http://t.co/yB2BL3q6ZB 3 days ago