Many of our guests who stay with us live in the Atlanta metro area. Many care about purchasing wholesome farm fresh food that does not travel from faraway places to the store, minimizing their carbon footprint. We recently learned about Moore Farms and Friends through Georgia Organics. They are a marketing association of small Sustainable, Certified Naturally Grown and USDA Certified Organic food producers. They never use any toxic chemicals to grow their food and use earth-friendly methods which we like. You can order what you want online and pick up at many Atlanta area locations. Check out their video or visit their web site.
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals new years eve oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waste oil waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery
- Looking for that last minute gift for that special person who has everything? Why not a gift certificate to stay... fb.me/7086E7Rs9 3 days ago
- Come stay with us and celebrate the New Year's with the innkeepers or attend one of these great events.... fb.me/2Sm0tHxLx 6 days ago
- Guests booked a yurt this afternoon to watch the meteor shower tonight. Skies look like they will remain clear.... fb.me/3Ly2dncMb 1 week ago
- We have made several wine bottle trees at the inn over the years. We also have made wine and beer bottle shrubs.... fb.me/3rPK8Lnqv 1 week ago
- Christmas in Dahlonega, GA. Great pictures showing the many lights in downtown. fb.me/3Y7UsZSmQ 2 weeks ago
- This weekend the Christmas festivities continue in historic Dahlonega, Ga. Parade and Kurt Thomas concert on... fb.me/3dgxEpyOH 3 weeks ago
- White Christmas playing at the historic Holly Theater.... fb.me/7fZ0DSeKE 4 weeks ago
- Come stay with us and participate in Montaluce Winery's trail run.... fb.me/6Vblsxg2N 4 weeks ago