Many of our guests who stay with us live in the Atlanta metro area. Many care about purchasing wholesome farm fresh food that does not travel from faraway places to the store, minimizing their carbon footprint. We recently learned about Moore Farms and Friends through Georgia Organics. They are a marketing association of small Sustainable, Certified Naturally Grown and USDA Certified Organic food producers. They never use any toxic chemicals to grow their food and use earth-friendly methods which we like. You can order what you want online and pick up at many Atlanta area locations. Check out their video or visit their web site.
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waste oil waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery yoga
- Just filled the Cardinal Suite for next weekend starting 10/31 but still have both yurts available which is very... fb.me/2QRFiWinw 1 day ago
- We love craft beer at the inn and the craft beers being produced in Georgia. unfortunately Georgia law restricts... fb.me/1rv8RQBon 3 days ago
- Big Halloween Party at Shenanigan's Irish Pub, Dahlonega, GA. Food, live music and costume contest. fb.me/385FSXT0q 3 days ago
- We do not eat chicken for environmental and animal welfare reasons but have also had a concern with the... fb.me/3CjuXBOSJ 3 days ago
- At the inn we try and serve our guests as much organics as possible subject to availability. Our coffee, flour,... fb.me/3GQbtYhyD 3 days ago
- Three Sisters Vineyards has opened a new tasting room in downtown Dahlonega near Hancock Park. fb.me/72xflk7b3 3 days ago
- The Fall colors have started but not nearly at peak yet unless you go up the mountains towards Suches. The... fb.me/4F3vvMasA 3 days ago
- 47th Annual Mountain Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA October 25 & 26, 2014 fb.me/6WGz5DMaN 5 days ago