With smiles on our faces and tears in our eyes, we said good-bye to the last of our raw 2010 home-grown organic tomatoes tonight. It adorned our salad adding a pop of red to our plates and a burst of flavor to our tongues. How exciting to think that it grew from a plant we put in the ground in April and that it’s sisters and brothers were picked as early as July. We ate them green – both fried and in chocolate cake, red and raw in gaspacho, salsa, and salads, and cooked in pasta sauce, stewed tomatoes, chili, and more. They were gifted to friends and guests, and even traded for pasture raised eggs. Good-bye summer tomatoes!
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waste oil waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery yoga
- Photo: Dahlonega Wine Trail weekend coming this August 2014. Visit the local wineries for one low price.... tmblr.co/ZwgY9s1N0_f5C 13 hours ago
- Dahlonega Wine Trail coming up in August. Visit the local wineries for one price.... fb.me/3q0qupGAQ 13 hours ago
- Want to reduce stress? Come visit us in the North Georgia Mountains. fb.me/37B4Z6JV5 1 week ago
- Photo: Spamalot opens at the historic Holly Theater in Dahlonega this weekend. More information at... tmblr.co/ZwgY9s1LBUunQ 2 weeks ago
- Spamalot playing at the Holly Theater, Dahlonega, GA July 11-27. fb.me/1pRideIVG 3 weeks ago
- Cooler nights with less humidity in the North Georgia mountains thanks to a cold front and the hurricane on the... fb.me/261FhR7un 3 weeks ago
- RT @ExploreGeorgia: Go "under the sea" at @georgiaaquarium in #Atlanta, #Georgia! #exploregeorgia ift.tt/1qnaV4l http://t.co/gcTprp… 4 weeks ago
- Home - A new craft distillery will be opening in Dahlonega not too far from the inn by the end of this... tmblr.co/ZwgY9s1JwNpYP 1 month ago