With smiles on our faces and tears in our eyes, we said good-bye to the last of our raw 2010 home-grown organic tomatoes tonight. It adorned our salad adding a pop of red to our plates and a burst of flavor to our tongues. How exciting to think that it grew from a plant we put in the ground in April and that it’s sisters and brothers were picked as early as July. We ate them green – both fried and in chocolate cake, red and raw in gaspacho, salsa, and salads, and cooked in pasta sauce, stewed tomatoes, chili, and more. They were gifted to friends and guests, and even traded for pasture raised eggs. Good-bye summer tomatoes!
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals new years eve oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races running solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery
- Stillhouse Creek Craft Distillery in Dahlonega plans to open soon and will have Brandy, Whiskey and Grappa.... fb.me/1SEayyKQ8 5 hours ago
- New craft beer brewery opening this summer in nearby Gainesville, GA. We can't wait to try it! Sure we will have... fb.me/1MQRu2fbY 5 hours ago
- We love to drink good craft beer! Here is a great article showing you where you can get good beer when visiting... fb.me/3KgtJETyx 5 hours ago
- Craig Koretoff who stays with us for the Gold Rush Festival (In October) won the World Gold Panning championship... fb.me/1BCkN0tOm 1 day ago
- Guests booked a night for this coming weekend after reading this online article featuring our inn with several... fb.me/6jOnG52Lf 1 day ago
- When hiking on the mountain trails not too far from the inn you notice trees that are bent in interesting... fb.me/36MrEdtPY 2 days ago
- Gluten free goldfish cracker recipe. #glutenfree fb.me/77yq8wvtn 2 days ago
- Wine Highway Weekends coming in March over two weekends. Come stay with us and enjoy. #wine... fb.me/3py0LL1kb 5 days ago