With smiles on our faces and tears in our eyes, we said good-bye to the last of our raw 2010 home-grown organic tomatoes tonight. It adorned our salad adding a pop of red to our plates and a burst of flavor to our tongues. How exciting to think that it grew from a plant we put in the ground in April and that it’s sisters and brothers were picked as early as July. We ate them green - both fried and in chocolate cake, red and raw in gaspacho, salsa, and salads, and cooked in pasta sauce, stewed tomatoes, chili, and more. They were gifted to friends and guests, and even traded for pasture raised eggs. Good-bye summer tomatoes!
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waste oil waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery yoga
- Warmer weather this weekend! Chickadee Room available Friday night and yurt (Friday or Saturday) for the weekend.... fb.me/1pydJCWFP 17 hours ago
- The Dahlonega Old Fashioned Christmas will begin the end of this month. Come stay with us and attend the... fb.me/2RTIJKy7S 5 days ago
- Dahlonega's Old Fashioned Christmas 2014 - Come stay with us and attend Dahlonega’s Old Fashioned Christmas... tmblr.co/ZwgY9s1Vhr4XD 5 days ago
- Dahlonega's Old Fashioned Christmas - Nov 28, 2014 to Dec 21, 2014 - Business Directory Search - Dahlonega... tmblr.co/ZwgY9s1VcKh-a 6 days ago
- Dahlonega's Old Fashioned Christmas starts 11/28/2014... fb.me/70gA92Xet 6 days ago
- This time of year many homeowners are raking and bagging their leaves. Consider mulching them or using them in... fb.me/3j6VVtq83 1 week ago
- Our new craft beer growler store in Dahlonega. fb.me/1QZyVbwGO 2 weeks ago
- We have planted persimmons on our property. Great to see the health benefits. fb.me/1mmT0KsN2 3 weeks ago