With smiles on our faces and tears in our eyes, we said good-bye to the last of our raw 2010 home-grown organic tomatoes tonight. It adorned our salad adding a pop of red to our plates and a burst of flavor to our tongues. How exciting to think that it grew from a plant we put in the ground in April and that it’s sisters and brothers were picked as early as July. We ate them green – both fried and in chocolate cake, red and raw in gaspacho, salsa, and salads, and cooked in pasta sauce, stewed tomatoes, chili, and more. They were gifted to friends and guests, and even traded for pasture raised eggs. Good-bye summer tomatoes!
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze cyclocross energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals new years eve oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waste oil waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery
- Winter Blues Art Show this Saturday 1/31. fb.me/1xDYzLesR 2 days ago
- At our inn we do all we can to protect the planet. Here are ten things we all can do to help the planet and help... fb.me/1ERZRwoyY 2 weeks ago
- Great to see Montaluce Winery focus on farm to table and local food.... fb.me/3zZ3k9FsI 2 weeks ago
- Bear on the Square Festival coming this April. Check out the lineup of musical acts. fb.me/77UN1MbEn 2 weeks ago
- Come and visit us for Valentines weekend and attend one of these memorable events. #valentinesday2015... fb.me/776xS7Dwo 2 weeks ago
- Is winemaking an art or a science? We have many fine wineries in the North Georgia wine country. #wine... fb.me/3jtYLXsnZ 3 weeks ago
- People who like wine and running. fb.me/1q5uCI6CA 3 weeks ago
- Heard today that Wolf Mountain Vineyards & Winery will be open this month and February on weekends for wine... fb.me/2qDZtweWZ 3 weeks ago