With smiles on our faces and tears in our eyes, we said good-bye to the last of our raw 2010 home-grown organic tomatoes tonight. It adorned our salad adding a pop of red to our plates and a burst of flavor to our tongues. How exciting to think that it grew from a plant we put in the ground in April and that it’s sisters and brothers were picked as early as July. We ate them green – both fried and in chocolate cake, red and raw in gaspacho, salsa, and salads, and cooked in pasta sauce, stewed tomatoes, chili, and more. They were gifted to friends and guests, and even traded for pasture raised eggs. Good-bye summer tomatoes!
What This Blog is About
News and happenings about Dahlonega and the North Georgia mountains and wine country. Also topics about Cedar House Inn & Yurts, permaculture and green sustainable living.
Check In 4pm- 9pm
Check Out 11 am
Check Out 11 am
appalachian trail art artist art sale art show award awards bear on the square beer bicycle race biking blogging blogs bluegrass brunch Christmas classes composting concerts conservation corn maze energy environment events fall festival food garbage gardening gas georgia winery green green living guest reviews hemlockfest hiking holly theater independence day innkeepers jazz july 4th laws michael pollan montaluce mountain bike music musicals new years eve oil omnivores dilemma organic organic food organics peak oil performances permaculture plastic bags purchasing recycling road bike races running solar spring sustainability swimming tubing valentines events vineyards waste waterfalls wine wineries winery winter winter winery
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/hpOdMFVbjaA?a Bottom of Tallulah Gorge 5 hours ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/24jaPkU2hqU?a Bottom of Tallulah Gorge 2 days ago
- Tallulah Gorge from Top Rim: youtu.be/yZfzDpgoNAE?a via @YouTube 2 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/yZfzDpgoNAE?a Tallulah Gorge from Top Rim 2 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/nNW-BBX1B1M?a Tallulah Gorge Hike 2 days ago
- Yesterday we hiked to the bottom of Tallulah Gorge, many steps but worth the effort. At the bottom you can wade... fb.me/4wiQulIfZ 2 days ago
- Video taken from the top of Tallulah Gorge yesterday. fb.me/7sVaK5NHg 2 days ago
- I posted 4 photos on Facebook in the album "Tallulah gorge" fb.me/3qjEJhlKi 2 days ago