Come stay with us and enjoy Frogtown Winery’s Valentine’s Dinner Feb 16, 2013 7:00 pm. The following day 2/17 they will have a Valentine’s brunch at 12:30pm.
The dinner will be four courses paired with wine and dessert. Reservations Required.
The Welcome- Amuse Bouche, Frogtown 2010 Inclination
The First Course- Grilled Meatballs with Red Pepper Olive Ragu, and Pecorino on a bed of Arugula
Frogtown 2011 Sauvignon Gris
The Second Course- Hearts of Polenta with Tomato Butter
Frogtown Sangiovese 2010
The Third Course- Surf & Turf Frogtown Style, Filet & Scampi
Frogtown Propaganda 2008
The Dessert- Surprise
The Valentine’s Dinner shown above is $55.00 per person plus gratuity for a total of $66.00 (plus tax) includes a generous pour of wine with each course.
The Sunday Brunch is $45.00 per person plus gratuity for a total of $54.00 (plus tax) includes a generous pour of wine with each course.
Reservations required. Call 706.865.0687 ext 4, 404.502.9463 By email email@example.com or online http;//www.frogtownwine.com.
Wolf Mountain Winery is located just 1.5 miles from Cedar House Inn and Yurts. Stay with us and make plans to attend these special Valentines events. The menu for the special dinner on 2/9 is show below and looks fantastic!
They are also having a Valentine’s Brunch the following afternoon 2/10 for $30pp, plus tax and gratuity.
Seatings at 12:30 and 2:30pm. Contact the winery for more info, reservations and menu.
Valentine Gourmet Dinner at Wolf Mountain Winery
Saturday, February 9th – 7pm
Gourmet Dinner features a 6 course dinner with wine pairings for $80 per person all inclusive.
Duck Confit, Anjou Pear, Apple & Sweetgrass GA Gouda Tartlet
Wine Pairing – 2011 Sparkling Blanc de Syrah Brut
Swiss Cheese Crisp, Baby Spinach, Caramelized Ham Croutons, Walnuts, Poached Cranberries, WMV Apricot Champagne Vinaigrette
Wine Pairing – 2011 Chanteloup
Raspberry, Black Pepper & Lavender Sorbet
Fried Lobster Tail & Chateaubriand Duo, Rosemary Demi Glace, Gorgonzola Stuffed New Potatoes, Roasted Beets & Parsnips
Wine Pairing – Barrel Sample Coupage
Warm Sweetgrass Green Hill Brie, Blackberry Glaze, Maple Candied Pecans
Wine Pairing – 2010 Private Reserve Chardonnay
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Tart, Crème Anglaise, Florentine Crisp
Wine Pairing – NV Delicieux
ADVANCE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED FOR ALL FOOD SERVICE EVENTS
Stay with us during Valentine’s 2012 and enjoy the following special events:
- Three Sisters Vineyards, presents its Annual “Wine & Chocolate LOVERS” Celebration throughout February. This February 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th, and 25th-26th, the Three Sisters Vineyard will combine chocolate and wines in a special tasting line-up. No reservations are required for the walk-up $20 per person tastings. However, the special $35 per person private tasting/seating in the winery will require advance ticket purchase, with limited seating. The $35 tasting includes a barrel tasting, souvenir wine glass, special chocolates and treats. http://www.threesistersvineyards.com/
- Wolf Mountain Vineyard invites couples to its Valentine Celebration Weekend. Saturday, February 11th at 7 p.m. will be the Valentine Gourmet dinner with a six course meal with wine pairings. The dinner is $80 per person, all-inclusive. The Vineyard is also having a Valentine Sunday Brunch with seatings at 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. on February 12th. The cost of the brunch is $30 plus tax and gratuity. Contact Lindsey Smith to make reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Love is in the air at Yahoola Creek Grill this February with its Cupid Combo dinner special. During Valentine’s weekend, February 10-11, and Valentine’s Day, guests can choose an appetizer, two entrées and dessert from the list of Love-inspired Valentine specials for only $59 per couple! For more information call (706) 842-220 or visit www.yahoolacreekgrill.com.
The end of summer is near but there is still time for a weekend getaway to enjoy a stay at Cedar House Inn and Wolf Mountain’s Artisan Cheese & Southern Regional Cuisine Brunch. Featuring hand-made cheeses from South Georgia’s Sweetgrass Dairy along with goat cheeses from Alabama’s Fromagerie Belle Chevre, the selection is sure to please the most discerning palate.
- Romaine, Applewood Bacon, Hardboiled Egg, Cheddar, Creamy Avocado Vinaigrette
- Regional Artisan Cheese Display
- Chilled Pimento Cheese Soup, Pickle Olive Relish
- Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
- Braised Country Fried Beef, Cream Gravy
- Stewed Tomatoes & Okra
- Grilled BBQ Chicken, GA Peach Glaze
- Southern Egg Scramble, Peppers, Onion, Creamy Bacon Cheese Grits
- Carving Station – Smithfield Ham, Housemade Honey Mustard
- Dessert – Summer Berry Trifle, Mini Key Lime Tarts and Cheesecakes, Chocolate Covered Strawberries
$30 per person plus tax and gratuity
Wine is additional by the glass or bottle
Seatings at 12:30 and 2:30pm
Dates August 14,21,28
We are the closest bed and breakfast inn to Wolf Mountain so stay with us and enjoy brunch Sunday afternoon.
ADVANCE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED- CALL 706-867-9862
Come stay with us and attend Wolf Mountain Winery’s Barrel Tasting Dinner on Saturday, July 30th at 7pm, cost is $40 per person, all-inclusive. Watch the sun set as you taste new vintages from the barrel followed by a spectacular dinner buffet. Reservations are required, so call the winery soon at 706-867-9862 to reserve your space to spend a great evening. These events tend to fill up fast.
The inn is only 1.5 miles from the winery so driving back to the inn for bedtime is easy.
Barrel Tasting Dinner Menu
- Mixed Greens, Crisp Prosciutto, Walnuts, Local Goat Cheese, Blackberry Dijon Vinaigrette
- Chilled Sweet Corn Soup, Avocado, Lime, Cilantro
- Sweet Potato Spoon Bread
- Roasted Green Garlic Vegetables
- Florentine Salmon & Sole Roulades, Housemade Bearnaise
- Cajun Duck Leg Jambalaya, Carolina Gold Rice
- Carving Station – Country Sausage Stuffed Pork Loin, Mushroom Ragout
- New York Style Cheesecake, Huckleberry Compote
We still have rooms at Cedar House Inn available so call us at 706-867-9446 or visit our website.
The 15th annual Bear on the Square Mountain Festival will be an entertaining and lively weekend of music and art held in the foothills of the North Georgia mountains. Pre-festival events will take place on Friday, April 15, with the first of the jamming sessions on Dahlonega’s Historic Public Square, as well as Master Classes in the afternoon, and the Live Country Auction that night.
On Saturday and Sunday, April 16-17, there will be on-stage performances by local, regional, and national musicians throughout the day in the Main Stage Tent at Hancock Park. The juried Artist Marketplace on Saturday and Sunday features traditional mountain crafts and will also have a Country Store. More jamming on the square and music workshops on Saturday and Sunday, a Sunday morning Gospel Jam led by Glenda Pender, a Saturday evening old-time Mountain Dance and food complete the offerings.
For more details about the festival, including the complete lineup of performers, and updates between now and the event, visit website.
Stay with us and attend the Yahoola United Cherokee Spring Powwow
The Yahoola Cherokee Museum and Cultural Education Center will be hosting the first Annual Spring Powwow. The event is a fundraiser/benefit to help raise funds for the construction of a world-class Cherokee Indian museum in Dahlonega. Festivities will occur atop Crown Mountain on Findley Ridge. Experience Native American life from years gone by.
Jane Mashonee, 7 time Nammy winner, will be performing on Saturday at 3 pm. Brothers of the Spirit Flute will be playing native american flute music on Sat. and Sun. Finally, Wright Flight will be playing throughout the weekend.
Watch or participate in a traditional primitive bow and tomahawk throw competition. Food offerings include “Indian” tacos and other foods from Buffalo Burgers to Fry bread to Italian Ice. Vendors will be selling Native American and Native American style items. Native American dancing and other styles of dancing will occur throughout afternoon.
For more information visit Cherokee Powwow or call 706-482-8353.